NorSec brings technical tools, scientific research and education to the security community. Through our educational partnerships, threat intelligence seminars, and tool building we seek to improve the executive decision making process, and decrease the time to respond to organizational threats and malfeasance through our research.
NorSec and our Working Board Members support our educational partners: Security B-Sides MSP, the Cyber Security Summit, Metro State University, Sheridan College, the SANS Institute and ISACA MN
The NorSec Corp, a not for profit corporation, is applying for IRS 501(c)(3) status under the Scientific, Educational and Charity clauses in support of National Security.
David La Belle - IT Security
Lance James - Director of Intelligence (Hon.)
- Co-Coordinator & Outreach for Security B-Sides MSP 2015 and Safety Team Lead for Security B-Sides MSP 2014
- Advisory Board Member for the Cyber Security Summit 2015-2017
- Business Systems Analyst with a Financial Asset Management organization, where he maintains the back end of various enterprise level financial systems
- A United States Marine Corps. veteran, during his service he was tasked with various rolls within the technology field for Department of Defense (DOD), aviation, and civilian systems. He was responsible for managing more than 1 million dollars in IT assets spread across several continents, serving two tours in Iraq.
- Mr. La Belle architects new technologies along side his peers and manages one of the NorSec Foundation educational labs.
- Chief Scientist at Flashpoint Intel
- Consulting Detective for unit221b
- Former Head of Cyber Intelligence at Deloitte & Touche
- Over fifteen years of experience in programming, network security, digital forensics, malware research, cryptography design, cryptanalysis, counterintelligence, and protocol exploitation. He provides advisory services to a wide range of government agencies and Fortune 500 organizations including America’s top financial services institutions. Credited with the identification of Zeus and other malware, James is an active contributor to the evolution of security practices and counterintelligence tactics and strategies.
Matthew J. Harmon
- President & CEO, The Event Group, Incorporated
- Executive Producer, Cyber Security Summit
- A 30-year executive specializing in marketing and event management. She has served with a top advertising agency and spent over a decade in management at a Fortune 100 financial institution producing hundreds of business conferences
- 2017 Enterprising Woman of the Year
- In 2014 Eileen was an honoree of the Women in Business Award presented by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal and in 2015 as an honoree of the Progress Minnesota Award presented by Finance & Commerce
- Principal Consultant and Security Researcher for IT Risk Limited, LLC
- Adjunct Faculty at Saint Paul College, teaching offensive and defensive cyber security.
- Instructor and Mentor for the SANS Institute.
- Former CTO, CISO and Consultant for Q.E.D. Systems where he served from 1998-2014 as United States National Body Liaison to ANSI, ISO, ITU
- Advisory Board Member for the Cyber Security Summit 2013-2015
- Professional Advisory Committee member for Sheridan College’s Bachelor of Applied Information Sciences Information Systems Security “BAISc(ISS)” Program and Saint Paul College’s Cyber Security Associates of Applied Sciences program.